Ph.D., Microbiology, University of California, Davis. 2017
“Listeria Genome Structural Diversity and Function at the Intersection of Surveillance and Disease Prevention”
B.S., Microbiology – University of California, Davis. 2007
Postdoctoral fellow, Harvard University, Dr Marcia Goldberg’s Lab
Manuscripts published while in Weimer MicroLab:
- Chen, Poyin, Prerak T. Desai, Dong Chen, Jigna Shah, and Bart C. Weimer. 2017. Whole cell cross-linking to discover host-microbe protein receptor/ligand pairs. (re-submitted). Frontiers in Microbiology 8/4/17
- Chen, Poyin, Taylor Reiter, Bihua Huang, Nguyet Kong, and Bart C. Weimer. 2017. Prebiotic oligosaccharides potentiate host protective responses against Listeria monocytogenes (Submitted) (invited contribution in Special issue on Listeria monocytogenes and host interactions)
- Kong, Nguyet, Narine Arabyan, Kao Thao, Whitney Ng, Bihua C. Huang, Dylan Bobby Storey, Poyin Chen, Allison M. Weis, Soraya Foutouhi, Azarene Foutouhi, Yi Xie, and Bart C. Weimer. 2017. Draft genome sequences of 1183 Salmonella from the 100K Pathogen Genome Project. Genome Announcements 5:e00518-17. (PMID: 28705963).
- Weis, Allison M., Brent Gilpin, Bihua C. Huang, Nguyet Kong, Poyin Chen, and Bart C. Weimer. 2017. Shigella draft genomes: resources for food safety and public health. Genome Announcements 5:e00176-17. (PMID: 28428292)
- Weis, Allison M., Bihua C. Huang, Dylan B. Storey, Nguyet Kong, Poyin Chen, Narine Arabyan, Brent Gilpin, Carl Mason, Andrea K. Townsend, Woutrina A. Miller, Barbara A. Byrne, Conor C. Taff, and Bart C. Weimer. 2017. Large-scale release of Campylobacter draft genomes; resources for food safety and public health from the 100K Pathogen Genome Project. Genome Announcements 5(1):e00925-16. (PMID: 28057746)
- Kong, Nguyet, Whitney Ng, Vivian Lee, Poyin Chen, Lenore Kelly, and Bart C. Weimer. 2017. Comparing Various DNA Extraction Methods to Obtain High Molecular Weight Genomic DNA in Listeria monocytogenes for Next Generation Sequencing Pipelines. (submitted). Biotechniques – 1/31/17
- Chen, Poyin, Richard Jeannotte, and Bart C. Weimer. Exploring Bacterial Epigenomics in the NGS Era—A New Approach for an Emerging Frontier. Trends in Microbiology 22:292–300. (Invited reviewed submission for -omics special issue). (PMID: 24725482
Presentations while in Weimer MicroLab (Oral and Poster):
- Chen P, Reiter T, Kong N, Aksenov A, Huang B, Weimer BC. The curious case of Listeria infectivity with prebiotics. 2017. ASM 2017, Hobart, Tasmania, AUS.
- Chen P, Kong N, Aksenov A, Huang B, Weimer BC. Metabolic and transcriptomic influences of prebiotics on L. monocytogenes infection. 2017. Microbiome and Immunity at the Skin and Gut Interfaces in Health and Disease Symposium, Davis, CA.
- Chen P, Reiter T, Huang B, Kong N, Weimer BC. Molecular effects of oligosaccharide prebiotics on L. monocytogenes infection. 2017. 18th Microbiology Student Symposium, Berkeley, CA.
- Chen P, Kong N, Aksenov A, Weimer BC. Oligosaccharide blocking against enteric infection. 2016. 16th General Meeting- American Society for Microbiology, Boston, Massachusetts.
- Chen P, Kong N, Storey DB, Weimer BC. The role of systems biology in methylation studies. 2014. IBM/MARS Symposium, Davis, CA.
- Chen P, Kong N, Weimer BC. Inhibitory Effects of Lipids on Salmonella Pathogenicity. 2013. 4th American Society for Microbiology Conference on Salmonella, Boston, Massachusetts.
- Chen P, Kong N, Jeannotte R, Fakhri H, Clark T, Paxinos E, Ashby M, Korlach J, Hickey L, Tarr C, Weimer BC. Application of Next Generation Sequencing for the Identification of L. monocytogenes Predictive Genome Features and the Epigenome. 2013. 5th Annual International Conference on Genomics, Sacramento, CA.
- Chen P, Boundy-Mills K, and Weimer BC. Identifying Yeasts to Replace Candida utilis in Improved Olive Fly Specific Lure. 2007. 18th Annual Undergraduate Conference, Davis, CA.